Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Starting.....again!

For those of you reading this that struggle with weight the way I do, it will not surprise you that I am starting this....yet again!!

Over a year ago I decided to make a change and I did....for about 15 days. So I am not going to say that this will be the last time I will start again, just that I am.

I decided to take a different route this time. I am not going to do this alone. I need help. I need people who will read the things that I am saying and comment on what I'm doing wrong or what I could do better. I need someone to tell me on the days that I struggle and want to devour everything in site that it probably isn't a good idea. I know this sounds needy, but lets face it....I AM! I obviously have not been able to do this on my own, and since I can't hire Bob or Jillian I am looking to my friends to help me out.

Here's how I'm going to start: Name my blog. I put the name as MY journey over a year ago and somehow it doesn't seem to fit what I'm doing. So Ladies, whoever comes up with the best name gets $5 from me!

Second: I need to be accountable to someone (hence a daily blog), but I need to know that someone, ANYONE is reading it. Comment if you can so I don't slack off!

Third: The newest season of Biggest Loser starts soon and I've decided to pick a contestant that's in my same boat and match or beat that weight loss number for the week, and I guess if that person gets voted out, I'll just move on to the next best candidate.

Last: For those that are interested in getting out at night after the kids are in bed, getting healthy or just plain getting out of the house, I will be walking at 8:30 every night. I will post the exact route tomorrow night, but those that would like to join can join. I will be walking every night till it snows!

So there it is. I guess we'll see what happens, but my goal with this whole thing is to see what a Healthy Me looks like. So here's to starting again....let's see what happens!!

6 comments:

John said...

Megan!
I'm here, I will read and do my best to help! I'm in the same boat as you, sister. Let's do this together!
And if anyone says anything rude I will kick them in the shin.
And I think your biggest Loser idea is fun!
And I miss you!

Steph said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
If you are totally creeped out by that last comment...you SHOULD BE!
That was me, not John.
Don't have Kyle come beat him up.
LOL.
TOtally can't stop laughing here.

stephanie said...

You know I'm here, sis!

Stacy said...

Hey Megan,
I think you have a great idea! I love to read other peoples blogs so I will definitely follow along. You are a dear friend to me and I miss talking to you! I want you to be happy and feel good about yourself so I will do whatever I can to help! Wish I lived closer so I could come walk with you!

Heather said...

You got this woman! Can't wait for your journey. You can do it and we will be here to help you through your ups and downs! Good luck! You got this!

traci said...

Hey, Megan. I wish I was there. People need to team up with you because you are a fabulous workout partner. I would be there walking with you if I could.
I'm starting a 6 week program with Metabolic Research Center because I need to be accountable to someone. I've started and stopped every week this summer. So I will help you stay accountable if you'll help me. I'm on day one of starting over too many times to count.
You are so awesome. You can do this. Biggest Loser is pretty motivating. I have a hard time snackin during that show. I'm excited to see who you pick and to follow both of your progress.